Williams Institute presents data on same-sex couples by state
The Williams Institute will be producing snapshots for all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico containing demographic and geographic information about same-sex couples and same-sex couples raising children. So far reports have been released for California, Delaware, Kansas, Pennsylvania, Wyoming, Alabama and Hawaii. with more to come each week throughout the summer. For instance, did you know.
• California has the highest proportion of same-sex couples at nearly 10 per 1,000 households
• Palm Springs, California has the highest proportion of same-sex couples among cities (115 per 1,000 households), followed closely by Rehoboth Beach, Delaware at 107 per 1,000 households
• Same-sex couples in Wyoming are the most likely to be raising children (28%)
• In all states, child-rearing tends to be much higher in more rural areas
• Same-sex couples are present in 100% of the counties tabulated so far
And they can tell you how granting marriage equality to gay people in New York will effect couples living there.